7.18.2008

Over the bridges and through the crowds we go!






The group of 140 students (and teachers) have arrived.. and we are off! I feel funny realizing that so many people are following my lead.. finding your way through Venice is a task.. let alone leading 140!! There were a few moments when I thought I may have taken a wrong turn.. you don't want to take a wrong turn with so many people! This would lead to a very humbling experience. Ahh but to sweet relief I never led us astray.

We had a wonderful time.. that first day in Venice. Half of it was spent at a local school there in the floating city. Those precious kids were loving every moment of attention our group would lavish on them. I felt myself come alive being able to use my italian to translate.. communicating ... connecting our world with theirs. Just to simply love on them.

No comments: