2.09.2008

the mind's eye.

In a moment I am back. Whether simply through a city or upon viewing a photograph, I am transported back. The sounds of the city comes alive, I feel the breeze in my hair and the sun on my back.. taking a deep breath, I feel apart of this world again.

How is it that in a city of my own country, I feel more of a foreigner than that of country whom did not give birth to my life?

There are those moment when I try and be still.. quieting my mind. Yet in such moments, I travel back through worlds of past as if I’m time lapsing through my life. At night, laying in bed surrounded by a room wallpapered in photographs.. I find solice in them. This is the life I've made for myself have I not?

These are the sudden journeys of my life..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kyle,
I've never done this "blog" thing before, so I hope you get this. This was like coming home to a good book, and curling up on the couch to read it. I love your stories, and pictures too! Thanks for including me in your e-mails. Keep sending them...I love them. Greece sounds awesome, and if God lets me live long enough...I want to go there someday along with all the other places you know I want to go. I miss you, and hope to see you again soon. Have a great time! Love, Louanne

Gecko said...

What a truly amazing journey! Please continue I am excited to read more about this I check for updates every morning while I'm eating breakfast. The photos are breathtaking I definatley need to add this to my list of destinations to visit.